Hamburg, Germany - Friday June 17th to Sunday June 19th, 2011
PLES 2011 tookplace in the beautiful Free and Hanseatic city of Hamburg.
- Welcome reception at our house close to the city center with typical German food and drinks.
- Cultural Program: A guided walking tour at the historic warehouse district and the spectacular new "HafenCity" district emerging on the banks of the River Elbe.
- Lunch at the Maritime Museum.
- Academic Panel on: The Impact of Globalization on Legal Education: An International Perspective Is Increasingly Necessary In The Current Legal Environment. Matthew S. Parker Assistant Dean Graduate Programs Penn Law School. Dr. Hariolf Wenzler Provost Bucerius Law School.
- Boat trip on the Alster Lake and through Alster channels from the city center (Jungfernstieg) to the Anglo German Club.
- Gala Dinner at the Anglo German Club.
- Brunch at the clubhouse of the rowing club "Favorite Hammonia" overlooking the Alster lake.
Vienna, Austria - Friday 18th to Sunday 20th June 2010
PLES 2010 tookplace in Vienna, the formerly Imperial city strategically positioned in the heart of Europe
and nowadays a gateway to the East.
- Cocktail reception at Wolf Theiss, Vienna Office
(Austrian wines and typical Austrian Heurigen food served).
- Cultural Program: a guided walking tour through downtown Vienna.
- Lunch at Acht Ein Halb, Caffé-Bar and Osteria.
- Visit of the Viennese Naschmarkt, a culinary as well as cultural hotspot in Vienna, right next to Acht Ein Halb.
- Academic programme at Wolf Theiss, Vienna.
- A tour with a historic trolley ("Tramway")
through Vienna city (Austrian wines served).
- Gala Dinner at Radisson Hotel where the trolley tour ended.
- Independent cultural programme: visit of the Belvedere castle.
Bologna, Italy Friday 19th to Sunday 21st June 2009
PLES 2009 took place in Bologna, strategically positioned in the heart of Northern Italy, which prides itself of being the seat of the first university founded in the western world - year 1088 -, now the second largest in Italy.
- Welcome reception in Bologna, Caffè della Corte Restaurant,
Cocktails and stand-up dinner served.
- Walking tour of Bologna
- Lunch at Cantina Bentivoglio
- Cocktails served at Castello di Formigine
- Ballo Liscio inside castle courtyard
- Academic Panel on Cross-Border Banking Regulations
at Bologna Law School.
Professor Gideon Parchomowsky and Professor Marco Lamandini (Univerisity of Bologna).
- • Visit at Ferrari Museum “Galleria Ferrari” in Maranello (transportation by bus from Hotels)
• Visit of award-winning local winemaker La Mancina in Montebudello, with winetasting (transportation by bus from Hotels)
Oxford, England. Friday 27th to Sunday 29th June 2008
The 2008 PLES Conference was held in historic Oxford, with conference activities based in the pretty and peaceful sanctuary of Oriel College (Oxford’s fifth oldest college, founded in 1326 by King Edward II).
- Friday eve punting and dinner by the river
- Walking tour of the University, including visits to Colleges and the Bodleian Library
- Lunch at Brasenose College Academic
- Panel on Comparative Enforcement of Antitrust/Competition Law:
Dr. Ariel Ezrachi, Director, Oxford Centre for Competition Law and Policy (chair), Michael Collins SC, Claudio Cocuzza, Peter Roth QC, Prof. Christopher Yoo (from Penn)
- Gala dinner in Oriel College
- Private tour and Sunday brunch in magnificent Blenheim Palace (birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill and country estate of the Dukes of Marlborough)